Age is just a number, this is a very common saying to which many agree but when it comes to the matters of love and relationships, the age difference between a couple can actually impact their married life. Yes, you read it right! A recent study has linked the age difference between a couple with their chances of getting a divorce.
So for those looking for their prospective life partner, this content might be of some help.
Let us see how age difference can impact your relationship-
- Maturity: This issue comes into picture if the husband is younger than the wife and there is a difference of 2 years or more between the two. This is becoming prevalent nowadays mostly in love marriages because love is blind and doesn’t follow age bars. But sometimes a problem arises when it comes to maturity issues. It’s a known fact that females get matured earlier than males of the same age group. So if the husband is younger, he might not be mature enough at the time of marriage and the girl might have to face problems in adjusting.
- Thoughts and Opinions: If there is a large difference of more than 7-8 years, usually husbands would be elder, opinion gaps might creep in. Usually, husbands and wives from the same age group (either of equal age or a difference of 1-3 years) share common opinions and thoughts which are very necessary for the development of an understanding. Lack of such an understanding prevails if the age gap is too much.
- Children: If there is a large age gap with an elder husband, early planning for kids is warranted due to the age of the husband. If your husband is 35 when you are 25 years old, and you conceive, the kid would be around 20 years old when your husband is 55 years of age. Accordingly, the second child should also be planned sooner or should not be planned at all.
- Death of the partner: A very old husband is ought to age and die many years earlier than his beloved life. And in many cases, it is the husband who dies first.
- Change in Appearance: This issue comes to the scene when husband and wife are of same age or husband is younger than a wife. Generally, females tend to compromise their looks early than the same age males. Wives with the same age as of their husbands start looking older earlier than their better halves. This is a sad reality though.